Raspberry Pi is a low cost computer developed in the UK by the Raspberry Pi Foundation with the intention of stimulating the teaching of basic computer science in schools. When connected to a monitor/TV and keyboard, with the right programming by the user, it can be used for many things that your traditional PC does.
- Raspberry Pi
- Price: About 35$
- Operating system: Linux (Debian GNU/Linux, Fedora, and Arch Linux ARM), RISC OS, FreeBSD, Plan 9, ...
- CPU: ARM1176JZF-S (armv6k) 700 MHz
- Storage capacity: SD card slot
- Memory: 512 MByte (Model B rev. 2)
- Graphics: Broadcom VideoCore IV
- Socket: 10/100 BaseT Ethernet, HDMI, USB 2.0 (x2), RCA Video, 3.5mm audio out jack
- Website: www.raspberrypi.org
- You need a Raspberry Pi
- A Pi operating system
- A power supply
- A SD memory card
- Write a program in your favorite language
- Enjoy your creation
Because is a simple way to build prototypes. When we create a bit complex prototypes, we use Raspberry Pi.
In the picture below, you can see one of them. In this case a Smart City prototype with Raspberry + Altair SmartWorks. Coming soon we publish in "Cool projects" a detailed article about this.
- Smart City Altair SmartWorks
- Because you can build powerful applications on the cloud. And if you want to change the application you dont have to change the program on Raspberry.
- Because you can combine the program on your Raspberry Pi with the rules and Altair SmartWorks scripts to build that powerfull app
- Because you can store all your sensor values in our huge database and use the data on your Altair SmartWorks apps
- Because you can build faster, cheaper, simpler, reliable and scalable projects using Altair SmartWorks platform
- Because in Altair SmartWorks you can make an app to control unlimited Raspberries and other devices
- Because you can use our device management module with your Raspberry Pi to remotely control the status of your device
- Because you can connect your Raspberry Pi with other devices, to share data or to make them work together
- Because its easy, simple and fast!
This is a small introduction of Raspberry, if you want to know more about this you can visit the official web