Arduino is an open-source physical computing platform based on a simple microcontroller board and a development environment for writing software for the board.
- Arduino (source: www.arduino.cc)
Arduino can be used to develop interactive objects, taking inputs from a variety of switches or sensors, and controlling a variety of lights, motors and other physical outputs.
This allows you to upload programs to this board which can then interact with things in the real world. With this, you can make devices which respond and react to the world at large.
To write and upload your own code, Arduino have an open-source IDE that can be downloaded for free here.
- You need an Arduino and a USB cable to connect it
- Download the Arduino open-source IDE
- Install the drivers for your Arduino
- Open the Arduino environment
- Select your board and your serial port in this environment
- Write your own code
- Upload your code in arduino
- Enjoy your creation
Libraries are a collection of code that makes it easy for you to connect to a sensor, display, module, etc. There are hundreds of additional libraries available on Internet for download, some of them are available here.
If you want to install some of them , you have to unzip the library file in your libraries folder.
Because is a simple way to build prototypes. When we want to create our own prototypes, we use Arduino.
In the picture below, you can see one of them. In this case a RFID card reader connected with Altair SmartWorks to control access of people to our offices.
- RFID card reader
- Because you can build powerful applications on the cloud. And if you want to change the application you dont have to change the program on Arduino.
- Because you can combine the program on your Arduino with the rules and Altair SmartWorks scripts to build that powerfull app
- Because you can store all your sensor values in our huge database and use the data on your Altair SmartWorks apps
- Because you can build faster, cheaper, simpler, reliable and scalable projects using Altair SmartWorks platform
- Because in Altair SmartWorks you can make an app to control unlimited Arduinos and other devices
- Because you can use our device management module with your Arduino to remotely control the status of your device
- Because you can connect your arduino with other devices, to share data or to make them work together
- Because its easy, simple and fast!
This is a small introduction of Arduino, if you want to know more about this you can visit the official web